Career Level Others
Experience 5 Years
Industry Social Media & Online Marketing
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Our client, a groundbreaking investment platform that spotlights emerging growth companies looking to hit the coveted $1B “unicorn” valuation mark, while rallying individual investors worldwide to help fund these breakout ventures, is looking for an experienced, media-savvy, and results-oriented media relations PUBLICIST. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that our client, its executives, its cast and its official cryptocurrency have an influential presence in the most important media outlets in the U.S. This includes broadcast, online and print outlets that cover finance, crypto, technology, business, women empowerment, investment, and more. This is a senior and strategic role, reporting directly to the Chief Communications Officer.
- Storytelling: Develop compelling and newsworthy angles that breakthrough and result in media coverage.
- Media placement: Obtain earned media coverage about the show, its episodes, the founders and companies that are featured on the show; its executive producers and cast members in national top-tier business and technology media that demonstrate our leadership in the investment industries and enhance the company’s reputation among investors, business leaders, clients, and partners.
- Network: Possess, nurture and continue to build a solid media network, and engage proactively and consistently with the journalists that cover topics of interest to our industry.
- Insights: Monitor media outlets to understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the industry. Analyze and define meaningful insights from media coverage.
- Plan: Manage media plan, including identifying editorial calendar opportunities, generating story ideas and topic angles based on trending and breaking news.
- Measure: Report results in real-time.
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
- At least 5 years as a Publicist. Cryptocurrency, Web3 and startup experience highly preferred.
- Proven ability to personally drive growth/results/customers.
- Bias towards execution, solutions, and actions.
- Experience working at a startup is a plus.
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to use both quantitative and qualitative means to map strategy, decisions, product iterations and roadmap prioritization back to data.
- Very strong interpersonal skills – build strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders across the company to set and execute the strategy for long-term growth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized – manages multiple work streams and can prioritize effectively.
- Thorough and detail-oriented – executes high-quality work and keeps the information up to date.
- Achievement orientation – persistent focus on results.
- Flexible and adaptable – can manage change and work comfortably with ambiguity.
- Team player – works well in a collaborative environment.
- English native, Spanish a plus, but not required.
THE WAY WE WORK
We are a global multicultural company without geographical or cultural barriers. Remote work has always been the norm. We are agile, and efficient and make decisions based on real-time data, allowing us to pivot quickly and consistently innovate. We believe work is something that you do and not a place where you go. We are proud to be part of the global movement changing how people work forever.