Career Level Others
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Industry Web Design & Programming
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Fulfillment Platform team. We are a multi-functional group of engineers, product managers, designers, user researchers and analysts. The Fulfillment Platform Team’s goal is to build products that help sellers get orders out to the buyers. We also work to improve architecture and build a foundation to pave the way for future product features.
As a Software Engineer on our team, you will play a major role in helping millions of sellers have an easy and consistent experience throughout their fulfillment journey. You will be joining a mission critical team that provides an easy-to-use platform and empower the growth of millions of small businesses.
Here’s a sample of some of the problems we’re solving:
- How can we help sellers to scale and fulfill their orders effortlessly?
- How can we improve the post purchase experience of a buyer that makes them want to come back?
About the Role
- Help us build meaningful products and experiences for people selling with us.
- Contribute at all levels of our web application stack, ranging from front-end web interfaces (HTML, CSS, TypeScript, React) to back-end technologies (PHP and MySQL) too.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and designers to address user feedback and create new features.
- Continuously learn from your teammates and share your own insights with them.
- Push code to production early and often using our continuous deployment systems.
- Empathy, communication, and technical skill are valued equally.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Engineering Manager. We offer three different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team: Flex mode for candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2+ times per week, Remote mode, and Office-based mode.
- You can write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You have experience with multiple front-end frameworks; we primarily use TypeScript and React, but alternate experience is great.
- You can define and solve unconstrained problems, and know when to seek help with any roadblocks.
- You’re comfortable collaborating closely with product managers and designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- You have a “leave it better than you found it” mentality, and are willing to work with and improve on code written by others.
- You love to experiment and use data to drive decision-making.
- You are a mindful, transparent, and communicative member of your team.